COSEWIC: special reports
- Emergency assessments of the Steelhead Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss): Thompson River and Chilcotin River populations (2018).
On January 10, 2018, COSEWIC conducted an emergency assessment and assessed both designatable units as Endangered.
- Designatable units for Beluga Whales (Delphinapterus leucas) in Canada (2016). (Printable Version - PDF)
- COSEWIC special report on the list of prioritized crustaceans and related groups at risk in Canada (2012) Preamble, Special Report
- COSEWIC special report on the list of prioritized Coccinelidae and related groups at risk in Canada (2012)
- Designatable units for Caribou (Rangifer tarandus) in Canada (2011)
At the November 2011 wildlife species assessment meeting, COSEWIC voted to adopt 12 designatable units (DU) for Caribou (Rangifer tarandus) in Canada. COSEWIC will begin the process of assessing all DUs in 2012. (Printable Version - PDF)
- COSEWIC executive summary designatable units at an appropriate scale for the Lake Whitefish (2009) Executive Summary, Special Report
- Assessing marine fish species: relating approaches based on reference points with approaches based on risk-of-extinction criteria, Ottawa, ON, March 20-22, 2007
Proceedings 2007/024 is now available on the Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat website under publications, as well as on the science advisory schedule.
- Report on the marine fish workshop and recommendations for COSEWIC (Printable Version - PDF)